Two journeys devoted to discuss fundamental and applied aspects of radiation physics.The program foresees the attendance of prestigious scientists from all the world. The Forum will focus on the innovations in the non-destructive techniques using ionizing radiation (photons and charged and neutral particles) as much as their applications in art and cultural heritage; industry; and life sciences and environment.
The conference is organized by Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna Representación en la República Argentina, latin-american branch of the Italian university. The Forum is hosted by the Italian Cultural Institute of Buenos Aires, in the heart of the downtown district.
The scientific program consists of invited lectures from distinguished scientists and oral presentations given by the participants.
Main topics are:
- Processes in radiation physics (atomic)
- Quantitative X-ray and particle analytical techniques
- Absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy
- Sources and detectors
- Simulation of radiation transport and detection
- Materials Science and applications to minerals, mining and processing
- Medical applications and biology
- Applications to space, earth and enviromental sciences
- Cultural heritage and art and new technologies and industrial applications
The official language of the conference is English.
Scientists and engineers are invited to join the conference and share not only their ideas and current results but also their valuable experience, contributing to the enrichment of the international community. Hope to see you in Buenos Aires!